PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Credit where credit's due: LH804 on dec 19th
Old 20th Dec 2010, 18:36
W2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Credit where credit's due: LH804 on dec 19th

As a bit of a counterbalance to all the threads here which highlight poor experiences, and in the hopes that someone working for LH reads this forum...

I was at FRA yesterday in the snow-induced mayhem, having just arrived after 11hrs of economy class hell from São Paulo, wanting to get home to Stockholm. Got a seat on LH804 and when I got to the gate there were about a hundred upset pax from the earlier cancelled flight to ARN all at once trying to get answers from a solo LH gate staff (eventually joined by a colleague) who could do little but explain that the flight was full already, plus a 50+ long waitlist. Obviously many irate would-be travelers were not satisfied with this response and unable to keep their calm.

After boarding it took us another good 1½ hours to get airborne due to waiting for startup, taxiing to remote deice, getting deiced and taxiing some more. The A321 was full to the brink, including pax in jumpseats. During the long wait the flight deck kept us SLF very well informed of the progress and we were served drinks. The flight was smooth and the landing at ARN was one of the best I've experienced. The CC were very pleasant, chatty and courteous throughout, despite many people expressing frustration at the delays.

A big thanks to all the LH804 crew and gate staff for your great attitude and utterly professional performance yesterday. I'd fly with you again anytime