PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2010, 18:00
BLUEJuice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just the yanks huh?

i know hundreds of 250-1000hour yanks who would give a lung of get an opportunity to fly jets and fly with an active airline like arik.some have said to me( their words not mine)-"i dont care if i dont get paid at all,and i dont care what goes on there. screw late pay! is that the problem? i will go to a civilwar country for all i care"....."jet-time" and "hours on type" seem to be what i hear them say the most.

I would disagree...as many US regionals are now hiring with posted mins of 1000/100 and even one reputable regional posting at 600/100.

Yankeeland, to them is where they can live at home, have jumpseat approval and flight benefits not only for themselves but their family, along with union protection, minimum reserve guarantee, paycheck consistency, and flowthrough/upgrade (potential.)

Yes many pilots are chomping at the bit for work...but the example that you listed was eg. "Nigerian" and Arik last I checked is a privately owned Nigerian Airline? It is the best option for a Nigerian any day of the week. 250hrs wet commercial with the added bonus of a 737NG type rating and years of guaranteed employment. Im with OBA1... most yanks/aussies/brits/euros and yes even other africans hit the tarmac at lagos and are immediately re-evaluating their life choices. Followed by their trying to convince themselves that they love it!!