PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2010, 17:41
Oba1kanobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

"i dont care if i dont get paid at all,and i dont care what goes on there. screw late pay! is that the problem? i will go to a civilwar country for all i care"

That's a problem world wide with pilots. It's why at the low end of the spectrum, pay and conditions are so bad (supply and demand) and at the top end, the pay is relatively good (again, supply and demand). So, people will continue to line up, no matter what. A significant number would work for free, or even pay to fly. Just reality.

Pilots seem to be immune to the knowledge that only a teeny, tiny number of pilots make it to the big dollar, wide body captain job. The overall majority will just be pawns to poor operators like Arik.

In a world with too many pilots, and many with such low standards, Arik doesn't have people banging down the door to work there. In four years of operation, I couldn't even guess how many have come and gone. A lot.

The Q400... Arik isn't getting any more Bombardier products, unless they paid cash up front. Like every single entity that Arik does business with, Bombardier really took a bath with the Q400's. Those planes sat, LITERALLY, for years, with Bombardier trying to get cash out of Arik. The manufacturer withdrew its representative at Arik in Lagos this past September.

As always, caveat emptor.