PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Validity of PPL exams
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2010, 17:22
Striker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airpolice I didn't explain my problem because I wanted to be told to give it up. If I wanted to "give it up" I would have done so straight after the incident. Since then I have done quite a few solo flights including my XC qualifier. The difference is now, I don't enjoy it as much as I did before. I always have this thought at the back of my mind that it's going to happen again. If that's your advice then don't bother.

Thanks honda cbx

IanPZ That is interesting what you said about the "trigger". On the day in question last year, I did two solo navs of an hour each that morning. Absolutely loved every minute of it. I had some lunch with my mum at lunchtime and then just before I went to the aircraft for the ill-fated third trip, I ended up having an argument with her over some issues to do with the family. Also, on walking to the aircraft, a flying instructor told me that he found the fuel to be "dangerously" out of balance and low in one of the tanks of the aircraft I'd just flown. Obviously I'd made an error in my fuel management not helped by unreliable fuel gauges, but I think it must have been on my mind.

Whopity I would say that I am uneasy with heights, and I always found this funny as I've never had a problem in aircraft. I don't think I suffer from vertigo in the true sense of the word as I love going up tall buildings on my travels, although I do feel a bit dizzy when doing it. As I say though, until this incident I'd never given it a second thought when flying.

I asked one of the flying instructors to take me up a few weeks after the incident, just to let me do some general handling, max rate turns etc., and that certainly helped me to get a feel for the aircraft again. But I just want to get to the feeling I had before I had my panic attack.