PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpleasant Experience on QR
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2010, 17:07
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my family of 3 and I......we're the last to board
The crew wanted to move our luggage to the hold which I refused.
we had a total of 160KG allowance but only 75 KG in the hold, we had 4 small pieces in the cabin that HAD to remain there
I kept the AC grounded until they found space for two of them, kept one piece by the flight deck and in return I agreed to have one piece sent to the hold.
Taxiing a half hour late...We took off 1.5 hours late because some idiot(s)
My wife was saying we should rush to board the bus too, I said the AC won't leave without us, we're here, no need to be uncivilised. She said but the overheads will be full, but I didn't want to believe that from QR.
The CS was 1 more word from my advising her to check her tone and remove herself
So, my question is, do you think I'm being too hard on them?
Yes, I think you should write them a letter of thanks! Actually I think you should get your wife to do it, as she sounds like an eminently sensible lady whose advice you should listen to more.

I think it was absolutely essential that you had your sons medication in the cabin and accessible to you throughout the flight, and I doubt this would have been a problem at any level. However you were last to board and the hat bins were full (for whatever reason!) As passengers, we have all been there, and unless space can be found the crew would have to stow the baggage in the hold. All excess baggage has to be stored in the hold and whilst I take your point about individuals with large amounts, once the bins are full, they are full.

You could have stowed baggage under the seat in front of you (if that was an option) however the crew are entirely correct in ensuring that it is properly stowed, and if that means the hold, then the hold it is.

From what you have said it sounds to me as if the crew were attempting to help despite your intransigence, and were being a lot more patient than I would have been, given the delays you state you were causing. Perhaps if the plane had departed on time, you would have missed the subsequent delays at the holding point and everybody would have arrived at the destination on time.

I can't see what the cabin crew have done that would justify them "getting into trouble," so complain away!