PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - wahhh captain sorry to distrub but!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2010, 11:40
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for your emotive replies to my previous post. To be frank, I am not trying to get under anyone's skin except that of the addressed recipient (Kunta Kinte). Please take no offence to my comments since they were not intended for you.

To those of you who wish to belittle higher education or military flight training, I would respectfully suggest that you have no idea what you are writing about. I would be shocked if any of you naysayers have been a part of either, except perhaps as one who did not make it. So if you think about it, you cannot know what you don't know. Ignorance is bliss, or in this case just an uninformed opinion and perhaps a 'tinge' of jealousy.

I can assure you, having been a part of both higher education and military aviation, that nothing I've experienced compares in terms of broadening the mind and partaking in a high-speed, dynamic environment. It will be a sad day at CX when Part A or the Vol 1 invokes even a fraction the brainpower that game theory requires. Similarly, running a radar and other sensors while flying tactical formation at 500 knots and 500 feet in mountainous terrain can seldom be compared to anything you will experience on the line as an airline pilot.

This is NOT to say that these experiences make a better airline pilot, but that they are indicative of people who has put themselves out there and consistently made the cut with hard work and varying degrees of innate talent. All too often, those from such backgrounds rest on their laurels and the quality of their operation deteriorates. Perhaps you have experienced this yourselves.

Beyond a certain level of experience, attitude is the most significant factor in the quality of an airline pilot. Those willing to keep up with the changes and stay engaged at all levels in this ridiculously mind-numbing profession will run the best operation.

Sincerely,

cxorcist

PS - No prince charlies up the crack, little prick syndrome, racism, or tobacco chewing here; but thanks for sharing your various backgrounds for all to see...

Last edited by cxorcist; 20th Dec 2010 at 12:01.