PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - BFS (Aldergrove)
Old 20th Dec 2010, 10:17
tigger2k8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True Blue, i doubt it... Servisair isnt exactly in spending mode right now, they are in the process of making staff redundant, as they have to reapply for their jobs.. as for Menzies, cant see it happening as they only handle 737s (EZY, extremely rare sight though.. infact i think theres been 2 since the A319 fleet came to BFS) and A319/A320s... even BAH dont have one either... if someone gets a contract for an airline with a 777 thats a scheduled service one will appear... until then i cant see it happening... they had thought of using Delta to park the 777 on, but it had not been cleared of snow and would have taken too long

Diversions is extra revenue, and the airport was eager to get both the 777 and the 747 in for obvious reasons, but when you have 3 diverts from BHD that nightstopped and a couple of private jets, there just wouldn't have been the room for a 777 or 747.. because whatever stand they used (would have been 22 no doubt) would be out of action until they could get a tow-bar in the case of the 777.. and with the CO 757 due in just after 0800..

corsaman, did you guys have a tow-bar for it, or was it parked so it could do without a pushback?