PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2010, 09:27
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rjtjrt
"I haven't worked out how to reply to postings and quote the relevant remarks yet - cut and paste doesn't seem to work, sorry."
Can someone with greater skill than I have please post some instructions for Clive and myself on how to include quotes from others posts in replies?
Copy and paste should work - you either have to copy the text before clicking reply, or open the previous post in another window (or tab) and switch between. Once you have pasted the text, use the "quote" button (third from the right on the lower row of buttons) to turn it into a quote.

Alternatively, to just reply with quote to one post, click the "reply" button, and then look at the address bar (where you type website addresses) in the browser. The address will end with: "&noquote=1". Click in the address bar, and replace that last "1" with a "0", press enter and the page will refresh with the post you are replying to already quoted.

[Edited: swapped the last 1 and 0 to the right way round - oops... thanks ChristiaanJ for spotting]

Hope this helps.

Last edited by infrequentflyer789; 20th Dec 2010 at 23:47.