PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA PPL Training
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2010, 18:23
BobD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post USA PPL Training

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would introduce myself on this forum, as I am going to EASA (the old OBA)in Florida in February to do a PPL. I have read most of the positive and negative posts about this FTO, but I guess at the end of the day, you pays your money and takes your choice !

I have found many of the posts on the Forum to be very helpful.

It would be good to hear from anyone else who may be planning on going there around the same time.

My reason for doing a PPL is to fulfil a lifetime ambition. I had always promised myself I would do it when I retired, but with 60 just around the corner, and no wish to stop working, I decided it would be a 'now or never' thing.

I have been (trying to) study at home for the past few months, but find the books very dry, so I have had a couple of hours tuition in a PA28 at Gamston in November. I had hoped to do a few more hours this month, but the weather has had other ideas. I plan to take some of the exams at LBA in early January, so I guess I will have to knuckle down to the books over Christmas.

Any advice/tips/suggestions would be gratefully received, either via the forum, or by e-mail.

BobD