PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B747 Crash (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2002, 22:28
whauet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know...

No matter which 'side of the fence' people are on this issue, there are a few facts that none of us can dispute.

We're all 'connecting the dots' here, unfortunately those dots don't always have numbers to guide us to the same complete picture. We connect them based on our own beliefs and perceptions. We are also all human and facts can be interpreted based on those same beliefs and perceptions while we strive for the perfect answer, and we all share the same desire to discover why these accidents happen and try to prevent them from happening again.

Some of us have posed questions to try and see things from your point of view, but we are nevertheless labeled as 'bomb guys' or spoken down to simply because we do not immediately jump up and agree with you. Some of us have questioned your interpretation of the facts just as you question the interpretation of the facts by the investigators.

I do not wish to engage in the back and forth banter that has taken over this thread and apologize if you read this as such. I am not 'running away' from this thread, but to be frank, I am disappointed to be generally labeled as an uncaring moron simply because my perceptions and interpretation of the facts differ from yours. I am not qualified to say whether you are right or wrong just as I am not qualified to say whether the investigators or right or wrong. But with all due respect, chiding those who do not necessarily see things the same way you do simply because of that fact is not the way to persuade others to listen to what you have to say.

In any case, best of luck with your research and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we all hope we don't see another cargo door incident take lives.

William Hauet
Seattle, WA