PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to bin the Red Arrows
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2010, 07:44
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you read some of the posts on this thread you start to realise why the Royal Air Force (and the country for that matter) has gone down the tubes.

So many here with negative, half glass empty, defeatist, role over and kick me more, type attitudes. Those same people hide behind their armchairs and computer screens and blame the top leaders for not standing up to the politicians. Can’t you see that some of you are part of the problem? In fact many of you are the problem. No, I don’t think some of you will ever see that!!

What has happened to the Royal Air Force in recent times is absolutely criminal, but to loose Red Arrows is just total madness. Whether some of you like it or not, The Red Arrows are a unique identity in the face of the world of what the Royal Air Force and this Country is. To loose it, is the equivalent of removing your house name or number from your front door. It is like removing the Daffodil from Wales, the Rose from England, the thistle from Scotland and the Shamrock from Ireland.

It should be irrelevant how much it costs to run the Red Arrows and it should not matter how small the RAF becomes. (Lets face it; money saved would not be redirected to the frontline anyway!!).

Loose the Red Arrows and you loose a unique and world recognised symbol of all that was, and still is, great about this nation. Never forget that there is only ONE Royal Air Force in the world.

I stand ready for a barrage of incoming, but I will never bow down to defeatism.

Last edited by SRENNAPS; 19th Dec 2010 at 08:04.