PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook recruiting
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2010, 20:24
frozenpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Flaperon, yeah my apologies I am on the Boeing and giving probably more specific gen for that fleet, which I heard was where most of next summers recruitment will be. When I say GLA thats the base which is very short for Boeing drivers as has been the case at NCL. They seem to look for people to go to these bases.

I would say on the Boeings @MAN operating 75/76, at least 3 flights per week. A LOT of night Turkey flights and I mean sometimes three on the bounce. If you operate 767 you may get the sharm night stop, either a clear day, or just the bullet. The clear day off down route often takes five days out of your roster and is a welcome break. Toronto bullets are a killer but its sounding like they are gone. In years past 767 has done week Sanford standby's to cover A330, so something may crop up again.

I did 5 standby's this summer and was called out for one, given 12 hours notice.

Flaperon is your man for southern base info, all I will say is Manchester is a bit hectic throughout the summer, and a nice relaxed pace for the other 8 months. BTW the day off payments can be very lucrative too!!

The outside Airline we used last summer was a Lithuanian outfit called Aurella, and its going to be them next year.