PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Precision Air Services
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2010, 20:19
Citation 007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Precision Air Services

Recently been updated that there is an airline in East Africa (Tanzania) that is employing guys with low time or zero time on their ATR fleet (Captain or First Officer). Apparently, requirements with this company are very minimal. Less is required of an individual who wants to join the company. The company does not have any screening process or whatsoever. No simulator assessment, interview is a walk in the park. One can pitch up at the Precision Air Office and ask to see the Chief Pilot or Head of Department or anyone involved with recruitment. What is required of you is just an ATR type rating and nothing more, how you got it, where you got it; the company does not bother themselves with that. I was recently in Caribbean Islands, where I meet a pilot of flies for DAE (Dutch Antilles) who told me there is a guy (Norwegian) who used to work with DAE and is bringing/inviting guys to join Precision Air. Surprisingly the company will offer you a contract before you even know it. I managed to get contacts of this pilot who is so kind to be doing recruitment for this company. Apparently this good Samaritan does not even have a year in the company and already is involved with the administration of the company. Big ups to this guy for the help his providing to the guys out there who are looking for jobs. Well, I’m on the verge of completing my type rating on the ATR and will be contacting this guy or heading of Tanzania for a job with Precision Air Services.
More details by DAE pilot were passed on the salary scheme that, its not very competitive compared to airlines (operating ATR) that are trying to retain their skilled pilots due to other airlines offering better salary schemes and living conditions for their crew. Flying allowances and housing allowances are very low. The living conditions are very challenging. Anyway, that is least of my worries for now, since I just need not get some time on the ATR and be a marketable pilot. Precision Air apparently does a lot a flying domestically and regionally and if one is looking for hours on the ATR, it’s a place to go if one wants to get hours before living for greener pastures. Since turbo props are or have become the next big thing in the aviation industry one can never go wrong with ATR turbo prop hours in the future. Guys do not guarantee on staying for more than 2 years duration in this company, as there are only there to get some flying hours and off they live for greener pastures. Upgrade to left seat or jet is something one should not even dream about, because this is something the Precision Air does not offer to even their local people or guys who have been them for a very long time or honored their contracts .
Anyway guys, guess there is golden plate to eat from. Tanzania it is……….Precision Air.