PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Standbys
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2010, 19:24
stefair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why's that???

Maybe I should have mentioned I had not bothered with RYR for 18 months after finishing my training as I believed their deal was crap. However, after more than a year seeing myself pass interviews (note use of plural) but only thrown in holding pools, getting older but only logging SE time and not getting paid for my efforts I had started to think about eventually biting the bullet and applying to the 'devil.'

Luckily, I had not been called, instead got an interview out of the blue with my current outfit and after passing all got hired - happy end.

The willingness to sign up for the RYR deal was based on pure frustration and just trying to explore all options. I actually do not know whether I would have really gone for it and spent another 30k. The thought of having no rights and the possibilty of getting shown the door despite the investment of 30 grand scared me big time.

However, that said I have a few friends, who have been FOs with RYR for nearly two years now and, as much as many might hate to read it, they are doing great. No, their employer does not pay for the uniform nor for parking or sim rides, yet their net take-home is a great deal more than mine and, on top, they are logging jet time.

Still, am I jealous or do I want to be in their shoes? No.