PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing in 'safety cover-up' - Documentary on Al Jazeera
Old 18th Dec 2010, 11:52
StratMatt777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" 3 employees out of 100,000 complaining.....sensation? "

I just HAD to quote that too. Did you even watch the video?
Same question for the 9/11 analogy... Did you even watch the video?

It would be very difficult to find anyone who is more biased in Boeing's favor than me! When I was 14 I was calling Airbus, "Die-by-wire" and refused to fly on one in 1997 when an A320 substituted for the 757 we expected. I'm not that crazy anymore, but this documentary is a MAJOR concern due to the FACTS (that people who didn't watch teh video didn't see).

This documentary is terribly done- not because it is Al Jazzera, but because ALL media over-hypes everything. During the 3 minute intro I was lauging at how stupid it was because they were calling the Turkish stall accident and AA Jamaica over-run "Almost Identical"... and then the announcer claimed that the FAA approved the 737NG to fly heavier, higher and faster IN RESPONSE to Boeing starting to use CNC and exceptionally tight fitting tolerances.
Obviously the reason the NG flies heavier, higher and faster is due to the completely redesigned laminar flow wing with increased area and less drag- plus the higher thrust engines.

Wasn't I surprised when they got to the facts?! This is very alarming and it does make you wonder about the collusion between the FAA and industry (like Colgan) and also the Department of Justice protecting Boeing by issuing false statements supposedly from the NTSB about the NGs being completely safe. A statement which the NTSB categorically denied!

I think I know why these 73s broke up in the same way- and it has nothing to do with these bad fuselage frames or the bad doublers around the exit doors.

You are all familiar with the center wing section that the wings attach to.
In this picture you can see the white panels covering the open ends of the center wing section/box Photos: Boeing 737-86N Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

Notice that the CWS box structure does not extend as far downward as the fuselage (the box structure- not the flimsy parts under the box for mount the wing-to-body fairing). In a crash when the airplane comes down on its fuselage the front and rear fuselage sections hit the ground just before the CWS does. While those fuselage sections are impacting, the the wing-to-body fairing and the air conditioning PACKs are simultaneously impacting, but they just get smashed and take no load and the CWS continues its downward momentum.

The front and rear fuselage sections MUST break off.

These three crashes had nothing to do with the non-conforming parts, but everything else in the documentary (the other 55 minutes) is absolutely stunning and scary. Makes you wonder about how much damage that Brazilian 737-800 actually sustained from the Embraer that hit it and only damaged a winglet...

This is huge.

If you arent alarmed by this... maybe you should actually watch the video!