PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates incident EK650 16.12.10: Engine failure?
Old 18th Dec 2010, 11:44
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm afraid to say Okidoki2010, you are a victim of our pre-occupation that everything is a near catastrophe/disaster/near death experience.
Yes I'm sure it was an unsettling experience, something that most passengers never have a desire to experience, however, it is certainly not the case that you should require counseling nor support for your trauma..because the problem was resolved and you were able to continue your journey within a reasonable time.
You were certainly not close to death, merely a participant in a series of events that were less likely to injure or kill you..than your drive to the airport.
Unfortunately Lay people have a habit of misrepresenting the perceived risk/danger of a situation based upon Hollywood movies and their own fears.
The crew it would appear handled this problem in an exemplary fashion, the ground staff a little less so, but thats really all.
Asking for a hotel for the night so as to calm your nerves is just taking the p1ss in my opinion.
Next thing you'll be suing Emirates for emotional distress I bet