PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 18th Dec 2010, 09:49
Stingray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just be yourself?

Hi pilotara,

your statement
"The rest there is nothing to study just be yourself and it will be fine."
wasn't true in my case...

I agree the first day is pretty straight forward, although probably easy to fail if you haven't slept enough the night before.
The second day is data collection for them, and for the psychological profile questions there is nothing to study. One could probably improve ones score on the logical-geometrical reasoning test by practicing similar problems using books or computer programs.
Then on the third day they tell you that some applicants fail because they are trying to be somebody they think Emirates want. So yes be yourself, but that doesn't mean everything will be fine.

After the review of my profile with the psychologist, and the panel interview I almost felt welcomed to Emirates already, but when I got the phone call the conversation started with 'we are very sorry, but unfortunately....' .

And then you are left to think about whether you should have said this or that or not said this or that because you don't get a hint why you were not successful.