PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas~The Loss Of Invincibility
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2010, 01:36
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I told you all that this would happen.
Indeed, Sunfish.... It occurred to me that AJ's career spans over the "cut and slash mentality" as far back as Aer Lingus, EI had lurched through one crisis after another (some say, "still does") before he joined AN in 1998. Look what happened to AN before he joined the QF group! To AJs credit he did a good job at J* in the early stages but now seems to be caught in a rut! To my mind, the "cut & slash mentality" is out dated, hence the fusion of the J* & QF brands that we see evident in 2010.

This corporate culture was well established by GD and it appears that AJ has continued way too long with this strategy unable to change course as "cut & slash" seems to be all he knows..

May be I am old school, but staff pride at QF played a big part in why "brand Qantas" became an international airline icon. Diminish the "pride factor" (staff morale) you end up with a big hole in the brand.

Engineering "know how" at QF was a huge pride factor lost under the tenures of GD & AJ.

When I see Santa this week with my family Christmas wish list, one wish will be that Santa delivers the huge parcel "of pride" back to the QF group. (which was lost between Dublin & Sydney)

Sad that we have to rely on Santa to deliver.. even he knows the value of "well maintained reindeer's" to pull his sled along....

Jingle bells,

Last edited by TIMA9X; 18th Dec 2010 at 01:49.