PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air and EZ Jet Looking!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2002, 17:03
Billy M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the case that a low hour fATPL pilot can no longer go down this route anyway? Thier web site says that they only take B737 type rated pilots, with 300 hours on type.

A friend of mine who works there enquired, on my behalf, about whether or not such a pilot could still pay for the type rating (it's a great deal easier for him than it is for me to contact the main man at the recruitment department!!). They confirmed that for the time being they are not taking on such pilots.

And before I get a roasting for actually considering paying them £15000 for a job, I was enquiring merely to find out if it was a possibility or not. But as Scroggs says, maybe it shouldn't be ruled out as an option too quickly. Especially given there are very few other options about at the moment for a low houred guy to get a flying job - as Flypuppy says, Tp, instructing and air taxi are all very difficult to get into at the moment.

And for the record, the above mentioned friend does work hard at Ryanair, but there are many positives to be found from the job. He seems pretty happy.

Cheers and good luck all.
Billy M