PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 2000 Fire at Biggin Hill
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2010, 17:54
Rusty Trombone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falcon 2000 CS-NJE

What a big mess this was? I was in Biggin Hill when this happened couple of thoughts.
1) What was they thinking? I think personally after the 3 or 4th RTO I would have taxied the aircraft back and reviewed further.
2) Why was a Ferry for MX flight not performed to Paris to DFS?
3) What was the FA doing on board? this clearly makes the commanders decision he was not fully informed accordingly on the real pressing issues.

I witnessed the whole thing happening I was with a aircraft at the time and the CRM was terrible the Safety escape was at best something from the carry on films, they all exited the aircraft and just stood around. The Fire Truck arrived and ordered them away from the aircraft ASAP.

The NJE procedures need altering big time on this, you have MX controllers and MX managers whom often have no real live experiance on type instructing the PIC to carry out OCF and Test flights or procedures. In addition the Pilot Fleet Managers are too wrapped up in pie charts.

If DM was still there it would have had a different outcome.

its disgraceful what happened and it was the lisboa monkeys driving this what caused the whole thing to happen.

Although it was investigated by the AAIB as it was on their turf I wonder what INAC would have done.