PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2010, 14:42
ATNotts

Received 327 Likes on 190 Posts
FR-

Touched a nerve there I think! I know that retailers at EMA were bemoaning the poor revenue from LoCo passengers generally, when they first came to the airport and the ever more imaginative ways that airports are having to come up with to replace revenues lost when their airport became overrun with LoCo operations replacing full service operations and ITs I think speaks volumes.

I agree however that the more LoCo operations focus on the traditional bucket and spade destinations, the less accute the revenue problem for airports and concessionaires will become.

By the way, with regard to the cost of coffee, exactly how much coffee do you get a a cup purchased on Ryanair, compared with the airport cafes - and how does it stand up in terms of pence / cents per centilitre in terms of value?

Personally, I avoid FR like the plague - they wrote the manual on how to rip off the poor old passenger and the airport operators, however M'OL and his henchmen and women try to protest otherwise, and they will ultimately kill off the small regional airports the muscled in on.