PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas~The Loss Of Invincibility
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2010, 14:14
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry MR WOBBLES, I had trouble with your link.... so I re-posted here.
Overt and covert Singapore Airlines bashing over A380 RR engines – Plane Talking

Whilst Alan Joyce has distinguished Qantas from Singapore by grounding the Qantas A380 fleet he still faces the same engineering quality problem of having no real control over the quality of the engines used on its A380s and some B747s. In fact Singapore Airlines (through its engineering subsidiary SIAEC, SAESL, HAESL and IECO) and its higher risk philosophy has more control over the Qantas brand than Qantas itself. Joyce and the Qantas Board continue to put the Qantas brand at risk, and this is no longer just a possibility it is definite.The Qantas Board should be intelligent enough to recognise that putting the Qantas brand in the hands of overseas engineering is an unacceptable risk, both from commercial and a passenger safety considerations.
The Qantas Board needs to commit to and spend the capital (approximately $100 million) to have its A380 and new B787 fleets overhaul and maintenance done in Australia. Its a cheap price to pay to protect the only market advantage Qantas has, its brand and safety record.
Great piece, yes, a very interesting read for those who may have missed it. For me it sums up exactly what many on here have been on about for some time now! I thought LH was taking care of the Trent 900s on behalf of RR, is this still the case?

Thanks for the link, cheers.

Last edited by TIMA9X; 17th Dec 2010 at 14:28.