PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2010, 14:06
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaz88z

If what you say is how the interview was conducted you need to write to the recruitment department detailing your experience, I would also suggest getting in touch with others who had the same experience if you have their contact details and urging them to do the same. There would have been an HR person in the room also I expect and they will be thinking along the same lines but may not bring it up but would be asked about it if people explain the situation you encountered.

Sounds strange to me. Min contingency is 5% from overhead or abeam the last en route alternate on a ULH flight. Macau as an alternate in a typhoon???????? You can sometimes see Macau from HKG airport, Taipei or Manila are more likely. China is a sensible answer in an interview. This is all stuff you should not be expected to know. Saying 2 tonnes for taxi is also a good answer as it shows you are aware the taxi in JFK can be long and you are from Europe so have obviously done a lot of research. Fuel questions are in regards to company policy which to be honest you should not know as it is not meant to be publicly available, you gave good answers and these are things you get asked on line checks as an SO, how much fuel do we need, explain contingency, how much is the min fuel from so and so to continue to destination? I am sorry you encountered such a but to be honest those volunteering to conduct the interviews at present may be that sort of person.

Seriously out of order, this Captain should not only be removed from doing interviews she should not be in charge of an aircraft.

Come to think of it interviews are all filmed I believe, you need to let them know as for a cadet applicant your answers are all sound.

Last edited by SloppyJoe; 17th Dec 2010 at 14:20.