PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus prepares safety warnings following A321 incident
Old 17th Dec 2010, 12:07
Locked door

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
And therein lies the problem with a lot of the fine folks from the good 'ol US of A.

Never left the country, not willing to embrace other cultures, mind not open to other ideas, not willing to expand knowledge. Even if they have left the country they remain protected by the bubble that is their employer. I lived in the States for a year and the ignorance and insularism are quite astounding. No wonder you can elect presidents like Bush the Younger and possibly Sarah Palin! That's why I'm so nice to Yanks I meet outside the States, at least they've decided to take a look around.

Well I got some news for you, the rest of the world is playing and playing good. The only reason you buy a car from the 'States is patriotism, not for fuel efficiency, build quality, power, handling or looks!!! ESP is beginning to be incorporated in US cars, but guess what, it's made by Bosche, zee Germans!

There are certain contributors to this thread that if they were in charge of R&D for the human race would still have us waiting for lightning strikes to light our camp fires 'cos that's the way we've always done it' and are just about thinking that there's a better way of transporting stuff other than carrying it on our backs. Maybe you should go live with the Amish, I think you'd be happy there.

Sorry if this sounds like an anti US rant, it's not, just get out and have a look how it's done elsewhere!

The problem with debating with such closed minds is that you can never win, even with evidence. They just won't see it.

Back in my box.

LD

Last edited by Locked door; 17th Dec 2010 at 12:44.