PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing in 'safety cover-up' - Documentary on Al Jazeera
Old 17th Dec 2010, 11:58
contractor25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acoording to the report on the Turkish 737 at AMS, it was at or very close to the stall when it hit the deck, high angle of attack, tail hit first, the rest rotates around the first contact point, resulting in fwd fuselage slamming into the deck and breaking the fuselage in pieces.

I may stand corrected but I believe the other 2 aircraft named had already touched down ans subsequently evrything went pearshaped. It means to me that the circumstances are completely different, even though at first sight the end result might look similar.

One thing not to forget on the 737 as opposed to the airbus is that the 737 only has a bulk cargo, it's not containerised. it means the baggage can freely move over a larger area for example. Now add in a few G's at impact and an overload is easily created.

What is more important than actual structural failure on impact is that at 3 mentioned accidents that there was no post impact fire.

3 employees out of 100,000 complaining.....sensation?