PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dramatic lake rescue footage released
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2010, 11:38
Scrawny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oscardog - that is one way but as with the red astar, gets you very close to the water and also plays havoc with the c of g.
What i am trying to suggest is a cargo hook (or if you don't have one installed) a belly band system that i believe is allowed in the US for emergency situations. I have used one for many years and they work very well as a basic cargo hook. A 100kg man would be no problem for it! This method keeps the rotorwash out of the victims face and also stops the chance of capsizing a boat etc etc Very easy to teach the crew to do and cheap to buy the equipment. It's not taking away the use of winched SAR machines, just an addition to the services they could provide A win, win .... Now when do all the Police and HEMS operations sign up to this?
P.S OAMTC do this type of rescue day in day out in the mountains. Yes they use a cargo hook on there 135's but then they are doing much more serious stuff. This is a basic recue method that doesn't cost much at all but if it saves 1 life isn't it worth it?