PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Standbys
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2010, 10:11
fastidious bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, after optimistically joining Ryanair last year I am now looking for work elsewhere. Over the past 3 months I have averaged less than 30 hours per month as a Captain. To me this is completely unacceptable. I know you should look at this as an average over a one year period, but I was told to expect to fly 850 hours per year. I will fall way short of this figure. I have always maintained Ryanair could be a great company, but when you start messing with the only two thing that really keep Captains working there, money and roster, people will start to walk. I have 10 close friends in Ryanair, all Captains, everyone of them is now looking for work elsewhere. Does Ryanair management know something we don't, do they have a secret ace up there sleeve? I am completely perplexed as to where they are going to get Captains from next year. I have heard from reliable sources that they are already short for summer 2011.
Its a shame really. Good aircraft, good training department, good routes, terrible money!