PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to bin the Red Arrows
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2010, 07:40
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point you are all missing is that the £6m that may get saved, WILL NOT EVEN STAY WITHIN THE MOD BUDGET, let alone get to the front line. Why do you think there always the panic to get airborne before the end of the financial year? So we could burn up all the fuel that we had saved otherwise it would be taken off next years' allowance. This money will go to Mr Osborne and he will decide who gets it, NOT AOC 22Gp.

Get real for goodness sake.

Just because things are pretty sh1t at the moment, lets not make it worse by offering up the one thing that shows us in a good light. And lets not forget the 100's of thousands that go to airshows every year, many just to see the Arrows. A huge amount of the revenue that those shows generate goes to the likes of the RAFBF. Do we really want give them a kicking also?

I accept that the problems need highlighting to the public, but getting rid of the Arrows is NOT the way to do it. Before the public even get a chance to kick up a stink it will be too late, and they will be gone forever.

airpolice
I agree with your sentiments Sir, but why do you feel it is appropriate to punish BAEs by getting rid of the RAF Red Arrows?? Punish BAEs all you want, but I don't see the point of the nation having to take a hit for their incompetance.