PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to CEA
Thread: Changes to CEA
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2010, 07:06
Blighter Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about when your desk officer/Manning pull the 'Service Needs' card and through no fault of your own you are re-toured?

How will that work?

And I have to agree with MM - the C in CEA is for continuity. Withdrawing CEA to parents with children currently at private school is just going to ruin their education, particulary if they are close to examinations.

The 50 mile posting rule is also a load of ****e - are they suggesting that if we only move 49 miles from our present location our children would be able to stay in the same state school?

Also, what about spouses? I know someone who is moving under the Future Brize programme whose wife has already handed in her notice due to having to relocate. As Lye is only 22 miles from Brize, and Brize is less than 50 miles from the next potential posting they will probably lose CEA.

MOD have seriously got this wrong - particulary the INVOLSEP for MOD tours and the implementation of the '50 mile rule'

The worst thing is - the people that will really suffer will be the children and many claimants I know are seriously considering legal action against the MOD if their allowance is cut.