PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus prepares safety warnings following A321 incident
Old 17th Dec 2010, 06:38
PBL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain-Crunch,

you are welcome to question my credentials. You are also welcome to check them out. My identity is no secret.

I guess I could mention a couple of recent developments that don't yet appear in the public record. Our textbook on computer-related system safety is almost finished in draft, and will be published next year by Springer Verlag. And I have recently been invited to join the German standards committee responsible for the functional safety of systems involving programmable electronic components in order specifically to develop guidelines for the application of the international standard IEC 61508 to critical-software development in Germany. This standard governs all applications other than aerospace and medical devices (there are also specific derived standards for other domains such as process control and railway systems). I am on the international maintenance team for the software part of IEC 61508.

Is that the kind of thing that would enable a layman such as yourself to agree that I am expert?

As for my colleague who vouched for the accuracy of the FADEC judgement in the BA038 report, you are welcome to guess who he might be, but will get no confirmation from me.

PBL

Last edited by PBL; 17th Dec 2010 at 07:06.