PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to CEA
Thread: Changes to CEA
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2010, 06:16
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Maroon Chap - couldn't agree more - this has been rushed through and, I suspect, without much consultation with DE Housing. For my last tour in London, we looked seriously at moving into SFA but what was on offer was dire (indeed subsequently deemed structurally unsafe). Even though SP levels in London have been trimmed down, I believe that there is a SFA housing shortage, resulting in families being put in SFA at remote outstations (eg Henlow, Halton) or into expensive hirings closer in to town (nett savings?). My next tour will be in to London and we will have to think really, really hard about it; we also have one child who will be at primary school (not boarding - too young) and we hear of the horror stories of trying to find a school that will take newcomers and isn't too, ahem, diverse.

I wonder how widely the sS manning staff were consulted on this? I can see that many SP will refuse to take postings if it compromises their childrens' education (eg propmotion in post, staying on a particular piece of kit/fleet...loss of continuity in the workplace?). Hmm, I think there has been limited second order effects analysis.

Perhaps no one has noticed the intended aim to reduce the total allowances package by c 40%? We are in for a real shock idc.

Added to all the other B#lls aching reductions - and bearing in mind that these are interim measures pending a more detailed report in the New Year - these are not retention positive measures. I think that the Naval Service will find the change a major cultural shock! What, live in pussers digs? You must be mad!

Last edited by Whenurhappy; 17th Dec 2010 at 06:20. Reason: mong spelling