PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this a dying breed of Airman / Pilot for airlines?
Old 17th Dec 2010, 01:52
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! After reading a few of these most recent posts it would seem that a lot of the current pilot’s pilots are just about ready to give up on the profession that they claim to love and profess to miss should the current trends continue. I was brought up on the concept of being able to recognize when something wasn’t as you would desire, determine what would be necessary to make the appropriate corrections, and begin work to see that those corrections are made.

Here, it is unlikely that the pilot vacancies that appear to be on the horizon are going to be able to be filled with the same sort of back-grounded pilots that originally filled them back when they were last vacant. Some have said that only the same type of pilot applicant will be acceptable. What they don’t seem to recognize is that particular course of action is simply not going to be an alternative. So … now what? Join the “oh poor me” club? Grumble your way to retirement? What?

Sorry folks – I am a bit more “pro-active” than that. I’m going to see what the forward thinking proponents of the aviation system may have to offer – and I’m going to offer my two cents – for whatever those guy may think it to be worth. So … sit on the side lines … offer your criticisms if you choose … complain to whomever you care to … make your remaining time in this industry as painful as you care to … that’s your choice. However there are some who believe that attempting to make a difference will make a difference. It is that group of professionals with whom I will choose to exchange ideas, offer suggestions, listen to objections and other ideas. There is little doubt that such effort will produce something more worthwhile than what may be achieved by simply complaining about what the industry used to be.