PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non-Aircrew - PAX Flights in Military Aircraft
Old 17th Dec 2010, 00:59
Roadster280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mil types flown in:

Chinook
Wessex
Puma
Scout
Lynx 7/9
Gazelle
Sea King HC4
German UH-1
German CH-53
VC-10
Tristar C2
Tristar K? - Awful thing as pax!
C-130
German Transall
US Blackhawk

All of this was in the Army, and most of it when on RAF MAOTs

Some notable trips -

In the German Huey doing a wingover (helos do wingovers?). Yes they do, because I was looking at the ground out of the roof windows thinking "why am I here?"

In a Chinook being dropped off at Sarajevo airport, with Apache hovering as top cover. I was the only pax on the daily shuttle, so I looked like a very important Cpl stepping off the ramp!

In a Scout being dropped onto an impact area on SENTA to rig a target hulk for lifting onto higher ground. On stepping off the Scout (which promptly lifted and made like a shepherd), there were blinds all over the place. Oh my lord! How we got that thing rigged and moved without being fragged is beyond me.

Last one - German Transall. We take off from Split, the loadie gets his fags out and starts smoking. Quizzical looks from the pax, he disappears up front for a second, then comes back with a handful of ashtrays fashioned out of bean cans and dishes them out! Most bizzarre.