PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My SVT won't work. Any ideas?
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2010, 22:42
ConwayB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again, thanks

Stickybeke - hmm. Come good? Perhaps. FW flying is a bit of a challenge compared to RW flying... but I enjoy a challenge. Fortunately, the aircraft is a dream to fly... although a couple of little maintenance issues have reared their ugly head and so with tears in my eyes, I am about to pull out my cheque book. (I miss flying for the military.... no need for a cheque book there!)

Wigglyamp - Thanks mate. I'll try and check my data card first before doing anything with another card. The GNS 430 gives me terrain warnings and I get the terrain map warnings on the MFD (Yellow for terrain between 1000 to 100' below and Red for terrain between 100 and 0' below) and all other functions work fine. Like I said, the SVT and the associated Airport Signs, Horizon Headings and Terrain work sometimes and then they don't. At start up, I get the 'Terrain System Check - OK' voice indication, but then get a 'Terr N/A'. Indicating Terrrain Not Available. as opposed to Terrain Failure which is what happens if you pull the card out of the machine. I'll keep trying and let you know how I go. Cheers, Conway