PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criteria for an environmentally friendly airline
Old 16th Dec 2010, 22:02
paparomeodelta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly, it sounds like one more of those "projects" that are devised to qualify for a lot of grant money, without any base in reality.
Thanks ChristiaanJ, i get the same reaction from time to time and from topic to topic...

But, I also want to add that one airline and one of the aviation industries giants are pumping in substantial money into this, so it is not really a project without reality. The industry sees this as imperative when the whole society is struggling with environmental issues. The finger will lead to nothing good...

As one pointed out before, this particular project is working with some substantial stuff, such as straighter routing, better ATC, curbed GPS approaches and much more.

The reason why Iīm not more precise in what I want is that i donīt want to limit thinking inside the envelope, I want you guys to turn every stone. So all thoughts on the topic are welcome. Good ideas can turn better, and bad ideas can turn into good ideas...

Last edited by paparomeodelta; 16th Dec 2010 at 22:30.