PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Navy Historic Flight - Information Request
Old 16th Dec 2010, 21:28
RNHF_PILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royal Navy Historic Flight - Information Request

Greetings,
Lee Howard and myself are trying collate the history of Royal Navy Historic Flight (RNHF) as it has never been particularly well documented. As part of this research, we are trying to create a list of pilots who served on RNHF since its formation in 1972. As an aside we would also like to try and establish a list of who displayed or flew our aircraft between 1960, when Swordfish LS326 was given to the RN and the formation of RNHF in 1972, including those who may have flown our aircraft since then for other reasons such as test flights for example.
If you were a member of the Flight (aircrew or maintainer) or know somebody who was, we would be very interested to hear from you. We would like to know the following information;
Name
Rank
Period served on RNHF
Types flown
Any good dits about your time on the Flight
Contact details if possible
There are 63 names so far and we are missing most of the above detail for a large number of them. We would like to fill in the gaps if possible and not leave anybody out. We are sure there are quite a few more than 63 and would like to complete the list by the time RNHF reaches 40 years of age in 2012.
We have already been to the FAA Museum and are in touch with both Pete Sheppard and John Beattie.
If you can help us with any of the information above we would love to hear from you. I can be contacted via PM or email me at RNHF_PILOT @ hotmail.co.uk
Many thanks,
Simon Wilson
RNHF Pilot
Royal Navy Historic Flight