PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD - All Not Good in Mesa
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2010, 18:35
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Well perhaps [even if your allegation is true] this takes us back to where we started.... Coconutty effectively stating 'not telling you even if its good' .... real schoolboy stuff.

I write as I write and clearly at least one person out there defends what I have written. PAN has been out there for 15 years and to be honest it is the opinion of the wider market that matters not the dozen 902 philes in the UK.

Too much out there really to be specific but to say I have not 'slated' other brands does not hold water.... I have been pretty dismissive of the 135, 145 and 109 headroom [mainly because I am 6feet 5] and that is a plus for the 902 lots of headroom for me there... and sooooo quiet ... 135 Arris pots came and went a way back.... 145 maintenance....all sorts of things that were negative against that Franco-German company.

Not an English company mind you.... why would I have a great love for Eurocopter? Do they make something well perhaps? Something that thousands of people across the world buy? Something that is built under licence in nearly every continent of the world..... yes why would I?

And the dissing of the 902 and MD was always based on the information out there.... the anti-squad seem to suggest I made it up... but then seemed incapable of ever pointing to any specific instance where I had made it up! Reason is of course was that the 'stuff' was all too real and often supplied by 902 drivers who were not as enchanted as Coconutty and friends. Yes I even met some one who found that the 902 scared the poo out of him [even if that reaction was rare]. He got out, which was his only option.

Perhaps I was never supposed to mention that MDHI were shaky [long before anyone else], that there were production problems, that the Dutch still have a 902 in their hangar in 2010..... primarily as hostage to their own distastful experience ...but I have a problem with that.... they have. So sorry chaps I write about that because its real. You send me good stuff... or if I find it.... its in. Saudi Arabian HEMS was a good story... but that turned awful..... not the 902s fault.... but try telling that to the potential buyer.

Overall I think you will find that even the mentions of the 902 are just a tiny part of the thousands.... or is it millions of words written as PAN since 1996. And which bit are you whingeing about .... and which bit have you been whingeing about since the year dot? I doubt even you lot know.

I guess the trouble is that some [maybe many] readers only read the paragraph that relates to themselves rather than taking it in as nothing more than a digest of what is going on in the world of the airborne emergency services. Bit like only reading the back two pages of The Sun and having an opinion on World Politics.

Still there is one thing to look forward to.... that number on the left keeps getting higher.... 64 now.... one day I will stop writing and then you can find someone else to whinge about!