PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Way About Getting ATPL?
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2010, 17:58
flyhighspeed300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the end of the day there is lots and lots of Wanble pilots.
some do something about it and others do nothing.

Of course the cost is a big thing. But you should have saving, which you have put away over the years. You cannot say one day I want to be a pilot and then find the money the next day to start your training.

I wish you luck, but you need to find the best route of doing the training to the money you have available to you. If you save too much money you of course do not get the best training, which can/will effect you getting a flying job.

i.e. if you do Inter route at either CTC or Oxford you can spend £80-90K I believe now. These places are the best places to train and they will put you forward for flying jobs.

If you do the Modular route; you can bring down your costs to around £55K - £60K. I did this route, beecause I did not have the money for the inter route, but you have to find the flying pilot yourself, which is very hard. I am still awaiting like 7000 other forzen ATPL pilots

If you cut costs like doing all your training over in America and then chose to convert your Licence to a JAA ATPL with no or little U.K flying experience, why would you think you should be first on the list for a uk flying job?