PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A strange request maybe
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2010, 11:48
NSEU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've probably overlooked a few sound layers here. The sounds you are requesting are not so easy to isolate. How do you remove the very noisy Equipment Cooling airflow sounds without cooking the displays or computers or setting off the ground warning horn (for equipment cooling) and have engineers running to the cockpit?

Your "battery sounds" are probably composed of a few subtle sounds which may be hard to isolate, too. e.g. Standby Altimeter (anti-stiction) vibrators and (noisy) Standby AH gyros. On the other hand, I suppose if you're not modelling circuit breakers, you may not need to isolate these sounds.

When you get these sounds from dozens of different people, how will you know what levels to play these sounds at?

Before you go offering money for sounds, have you considered that the manufacturer of the EGPWS or TCAS computer, for example, may not like people doing this?

Believe me, I've been there... and nearly got arrested by security for messing around in a "cold and dark" 737NG, alone, trying to record stuff (EDIT: I was still invited to tea and bikkies in my managers office, however)

Sorry, $5 is no real incentive for me

Last edited by NSEU; 16th Dec 2010 at 21:35.