PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25%+ cut in allowances!
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2010, 07:57
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whenurhappy

Sir, I agree with you almost 100% but there is a very subtle difference in all of the examples you give and the military, and it is this......

Every night on either national TV or on my own local Geordie TV I see interviews from very senior council officials, health trust officials, Police federation top brass........the list goes on and on and it happens every night. Without fail, they all express their concerns, fears and worries about the cuts they and their organisations are faced with. Most of them even understand that there is little or nothing that they can do, but it doesn't stop them from complaining in public and voicing their concerns.

So, my question is this:
Why have we not had a single RAF VSO stand up and make comment about what is going on with cuts to the RAF budget and our fleet of aircraft?? (same applies to the RN and Army of course)

These are the guys that you worked with up until recently, so you are probably the best placed to comment about that here. It displays contempt and a clear lack of concern and duty of care IMHO and shows that they don't have a pair of ba££s between them. It further enforces my view that those at the very top of the RAF are more concerned about their future appointments to the House of Lords, the board of BAes and so on.

Their lack of public condemnation or even comment is deplorable.