PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Standbys
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2010, 06:46
Sky Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

My 2 cents worth.

I am an f/o at a smallish base, 6 a/c, and for me the issue is not the usual reduction over the winter months, which is understandable, but the way Fr use cost cutting at our expense.
In the Autumn they announced a 30% reduction in the winter schedule (to reduce costs) compared to last year, so I guess 30% less cash for us on top of that 5 new cadets arrived in the Autumn. This has meant a drastic reduction in flight for the based f/o's, most f/o's here are doing no more that 30hours, last month I had all of 4 flying days. This is simply not acceptable, I have been with the company for almost 4 years, without a pay rise (excluding hourly incremental increases as per contract), while the company has been making big mulas.
My contract also states 4 sbys per 28 days, this is almost never honoured.
I did 680 hours last year, and it looks like it will be less this year due to Fr's cost cutting. I pay my taxes and have a family with 2 kids to support, so the lack of income is a serious issue.
So all this talk about bumper summers and lean winters is all well and good, but when the company can reduce your livelihood at a whim of management, the buck stops there.
I for one am not interested in working here any more, I have sent out applications and hope for a positive outcome. As appealing as the command upgrade might be, I have had enough of this company's greed and disregard for its employees, and I have a feeling I'm not the only one.
The bottom line is they don't look after us, and hence don't deserve our services, take them elsewhere.

Lets all be honest, a company that has 3 billion+ in the bank and decides 2 years ago to cut off its contribution to staff xmas party's..... something's not right upstairs.

rant over

all the best

Goose

Last edited by Sky Goose; 16th Dec 2010 at 07:14.