PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is RACWA on finals? YOU WERE WARNED!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2010, 03:44
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts
Mr L, It wasn't motions for the NEXT meeting that were required - It was a discussion on the CURRENT financial situation at THAT meeting that was required.
You heard the accountant speak - we need money and we need it now - as published by the Pres. in the last 2 editions of Tarmac Topics.

And, we need to increase the flying hours per aircraft - and to do that we need to sell off some of the 42 aircraft on the books.
An aircraft that doesn't fly is a ROCK!
It should be painted white - in true Service tradition...
42 aircraft the man said!! When do they all fly??

For such an important meeting, where a lot of action is going to be required at 'very short' notice, being pedantic about 'minutes of last meeting' and protocol of this meeting, did not help one iota!

To stifle 'other discussions' from members and attend to the items on this agenda only, e.g. the three motions which were voted on in the affirmative, including that of the 'Life Membership' proposal, is a very good indication as to how the Club is currently operating - and as to why it is in the position that it is.

I stand by my comments re the 'Life Membership' as above.
A 'Life Membership' is an HONOUR and a PRIVELEGE EARNED - not bought!
10 years 'up front' would have been enough to get 'the faithfull' to subscribe...IMO.

Regardless of the decisions of that meeting, there are others who have the Club's best interests in mind who will simply have to meet with the executive for 'free and meaningful' discussions sans any 'restraints', and assist where they can.

I leave these thoughts to you....

p.s. what thoughts do you have to assist...??