PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines B777 Emergency Evacuation at LTBA
Old 16th Dec 2010, 03:17
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
ew,

Sorry, didn't mean to get in the middle of your spat with Unhooked. He was being unfairly criticized by others for even suggesting the crew may have been a bit quick on the draw- reading your posts I don't think you were one of them.

sc,

Yes it's a CO Bulletin, but they are issued with consultation from Boeing, often on Boeing's recommendation- I'd be surprised if most B777 operators don't have the same Bulletin (or at least similar) as anomalous fire warnings are a problem with the aircraft, and it most certainly NOT Boeing philosophy to make a major action based on one indication, with the exception of Engine and APU Fire warnings (Note the Boeing Bulletin, issued for ALL types on unnecessary engine shutdowns.).

I'm not condemning the crew,they made a decision. but talking about other's incidents is an opportunity to learn- 30 minor injuries from a situation where there was no actual danger is a result that bears analysis and education.

Should we just ignore this and resolve to do the same ourselves, or see if we can't think up a better solution?