PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airborne Electronics Analyst selection (RAAF)
Old 16th Dec 2010, 03:00
allahstare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEA selection board

The board went alright on the whole. here's a few things i would recommend to anyone going for board:
1) know why you want to become an AEA, and why you want to join the RAAF.

2) know that you could be sent to a war zone and may have to take a human life - understand under what circumstances you may be required to do this.

3) make sure you have a thorough understanding of all the equipment on board the aircraft, the roles of the AP-3C and the wedgetail (as well as what each crew member does) and where you could be deployed (and for what period of time)

4) MENTAL ARITHMETIC! to my surprise this section took up about a third of the actual interview, so practice! some of the questions i was asked included
"if a ship travels 3kms in 9 mins, how far will it travel in 45 mins?" and;

"A four engined aircraft uses 4200 pounds of fuel in 1 hour, how much does one engine use in 20 mins?"
also brush up on your time tables - you will need to answer questions like "17x9" ie - break it down into parts (10x9 plus 7x9) = 153

My advice is to write down a list of questions like these and get some one to sit down and ask you them - so you get used to answering them under pressure. In the interview you will need to explain what your doing as you work out the answer. also get them to ask you questions like "why do you want to join the RAAF" and "what does an AEA do on a day too day basis?"

Overall you just need to be confident with every answer you give.

If you have any questions just ask.