PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is RACWA on finals? YOU WERE WARNED!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2010, 02:51
ballistix71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WC apart from being a jaded student pilot about his training at RACWA and someone willing to throw insults at those work in the industry, is any of what you said to me constructive to the topic?

In response to you remarks, I do indeed look further than the end of my own nose at companies around the country and overseas. In fact one of the companies on the JT strip is in receivership and they used new aircraft so that can't be the answer.

If you weren't happy at RACWA then sure change schools as I alluded to previously 'horses for courses'. Not taking into account your experience at RACWA but you appear to think you can't learn from a young instructor from you remarks. But a 45 year old grade 3 doesn't mean they'll be any different from a 18 year old one mate. Turning up late for work is a work ethics issue not an instructional one.

Getting back to the RACWA topic, competition in flight instruction is good for the industry and the student pocket. Bagging a company and hoping they go under isn't any help to anyone unless they are unsafe. I'm sure I could find just as many bad stories about the company you fly with now. In fact having worked at a number of companies I've heard every single one bagging out the others. When instructing it was company x's circuits are way too big or their standards are rubbish, then you work for company x and they say company y's are and so on.

The saddest thing about RACWA was that a previous CFI had identified the need for RACWA to split into a commercial training company and a club that owned 100% of the commerical company and used profits to offset club members flying. Should that have happened way back when then they may not have been in this pickle.