PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is RACWA on finals? YOU WERE WARNED!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2010, 00:39
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts
Hi 'Sunfish',

Yeah.... I was not impressed by that 'offer' either.

General discussion;

It was an 'insult' to those 'Life Members' who have been awarded the HONOUR of the privelege for 'Deeds Done'.......IMHO!!

I would suggest that what should have been offerred was a '10 year term membership' for those who would like to partake of it.

The attraction of this would be that you are then fully paid up for the next 10 years - regardless of any fee increases in that time.
That should have been sufficient 'incentive' for those faithfull members who can afford same.

The figure quoted was that if 110 members took up this 'cash injection' offer then this would help somewhat in the short term......
However, I fail to see how - really - 110 members at $2,500 ea = $275,000.

In the 'scheme' of things - that ain't much at all. And, as Sunny has pointed out, that's NIL further income from those members from fees - for life!
(Theirs - or that of the Club - is the 'debateable' point I would imagine...)
Perhaps the $275K figure was for a specific purpose.

There are and have been numerous 'suggestions' put forward to the executive - but some of those are too big a 'paradigm shift' and I would suggest that they are just not being fully comprehended by those who are really in a 'state of shock' at the present.
They are certainly 'under the pump'.....

There are some 'options' and 'further discussions' occurring, and I would further venture that it might have beeen a lot better for the Club to have postponed last night's members meeting - pending a couple of 'more involved' discussions with interested parties who have done this sort of thing before for other clubs / organisations, and then they MAY have had something 'concrete' to put to the members for their consideration....

There is much 'discussion' to be had ref. Murray Field - said to be 'The Jewel In the Crown' of RACWA.
One can only hope that the 'correct decisions' are made here - it would certainly be a shame to see it 'wasted'.

However, what has occurred / been said, HAS occurred / been said, and now only time will tell what fruitful decisions will be made.

The Club is sick....and needs help.....Long Live The Club!

Cheers