PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I want to get my PPL, but not for a career... (Kent UK)
Old 15th Dec 2010, 22:57
she dreams of flying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Wow, thank you and... Headcorn, Kent?

If flying suddenly becomes the drug everyone seems to become hooked on, i'm prepared (ish) to fund further lessons! I live near the M25/M20, so Headcorn might be my easiest for access. I'll call them tomorrow.

Anyone have votes for/against Headcorn (or Rochester)? I'll probably punt for flying lessons instead of microlight lessons. Maybe i'll regret that, but i'm almost at the stage of flipping a coin.

I definitely see your point Kolossi, and it's a bit of a worry i suppose. I can only hope that somewhere like Headcorn will be safe enough.

Could you (or anyone else?) make any recommendations to me regarding your experience at Headcorn? Do your instructors vary each time?

Oh and please let me just offer some thank yous for all the replies! ...

1) Jez D & IO540 thank you for listing flying schools. IO540 thank you for your email!!

2) Rebecca / Genghis (the Engineer) as i read your great advice i've just pulled out my note book but a log book will need to be next i guess?

3) Stephen F, i also thought your idea was brilliant, to trial different modes of flying. Unfortunately that wont be possible, as the money being allocated has to be spent in one go.

4) Thank you also to backpacker, jollyrog, londonJ, zulualpha, JP1... and everyone else for all of this great advice!

Kindest,