PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Captain starting FAA/JAA flight school in the USA.
Old 15th Dec 2010, 22:28
Coraghessan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline Captain starting FAA/JAA flight school in the USA.

Good day,

Having just gone through the entire JAA ATPL conversion and looking at my classmates and the trouble they are in financially, all the while obtaining very low quality flight hours with low career opportunities, I decided that this can be done much better.

It is my purpose to start a flight school within the next year that offers fully integrated training for both FAA and JAA licenses, starting with M1 visa's and continuing with J1/H1 visa's to offer the possibility to continue building flight time in the USA.

This school will be started under FAA Part 141 and have very close cooperation with Bristol Ground School, the CAA and have EASA instructors on staff.
Training will be very high quality and done in modern SEL and MEL aircraft with a course total of 210 hours, including 80 hours Multi of which 20 in a turbine powered aircraft.
The total course would take approx. 10 months at a total cost of less than one would pay for instance at CTC.
Every effort will be made to guide you through the next period in your career

The set-up has been initiated and I want to gauge the amount of interest via various websites first before I continue with obtaining aircraft and office/learning space.

Regarding my qualifications: I am an MD-11 Captain with approx. 12000 flight hours and an excellent training and safety record.

As said, my purpose is to improve opportunities for new pilots and provide them with better options than are available now.

ANY feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.