PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is RACWA on finals? YOU WERE WARNED!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2010, 22:15
Wiley Coyote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blaalistix - you gotta be kidding. Look at schools around and a little further than the end of your nose and you may surprise yourself with what others have and fly.

Students don't do check rides with senior instructors not until they have reached a phase completion, say solo, area solo, gfpt etc. In the interim, a spotty faced 18yr instructor could and typically has been wasting your time, had no teaching experience, turned up late and on a regular basis, changed you to another instructor without consulation. All this beofre we even took to the skies.

How many students have had over 5 instructors for their pre-gfpt phase ??? I was one and I for one walked.

You suggest Gr 3 getting more out of more senior instructors. Sure, so where did the talent go ?

"To say one is better than another for an individual is like asking how long is a piece of string." But we are all different and if one teaching method does not work, does the instructor simply carry on regardless, or does he change his approach and instruction. Most Jr Gr 3's dont have the maturity and the work experience to recognise this. Most jn Gr 3 would simply palm it off as a slow student, when infact the opposite is true.

However, for all you other Gr 3's who have your sh*t in a pile - well done and i wish you all the best.