PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD - All Not Good in Mesa
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2010, 20:38
mfriskel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe that the PWC 207E engines have been the engine delivered in every Explorer since about 2002. If you look at the performance charts and CAT capability from 206E to 207E, I think you will see it was an improvement. If you look at thruster extension, that was an improvement. By the way, that was required to replace an airworthiness issued on an "equivellant level of safety" at the very heavy lobbying of someone- hmmmm I wonder who? Anyway, an airworthiness being revoked based on no history of safety issues? Wow- I wonder how that got started- hmmm- let me think? Couldn't have been another manufacturer worried about the success of the Explorer- NOOOO couldn't have been. Oh well, that was completed in 2005 with all parts issued (FREE OF CHARGE) by years end of 2006. Let's see- no revocation of airworthness for products proven to be substandard by other manufacturers- ie AS350 hydraulic system, EC-145 lack of tail authority within the approved flight envelope (and no equivilent level of safety for a tail-rotor machine- people were hurt), EC-145 lack of electrical capacity, lack of ventelation without aircon installed, EC-145 lack of ability to deliver sufficient fuel to the engines in certain areas of the approved flight envelope. Interesting how these things work. I guess the rules don't apply if you have backing of lots of capital or you are a govt subsidized company, or both.
Improved AC system, that started in 2001 or earlier. Under floor aux tank, been available since 2000 or 2001. That became an option once the AC system was all moved out of the boat-tail area to the cabin roof.
Rotor blades? What is deficient about the rotor blades? Does the transmission need an upgrade? The 006 seems to be working quite well with the current configuration and the 6500 pound growss weight. Did I mention a 250 pound increase in internal gross weight for all acft in 2005? So anyway, lots of improvements to the Explorer and the current configuration is quite capable. Have there been any improvements since Oct 2005- I think the answer is no to that. All of the current goodies were developed and certified pre- current MD.